STRATEGY | 2011
This Strategic Plan sets the course for board, committees and staff of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and our work with members and other stakeholders.
MCF inspires an ever-expanding community of grantmakers to achieve, both individually and collectively, the highest standards of purpose and action.
To strengthen and expand philanthropy.
- Integrity: We are principled and accountable, and lead by example.
- Respect: We create positive relationships, listen carefully and communicate clearly.
- Inclusivity: We welcome and value diverse voices as essential to our success.
- Excellence: We offer effective and innovative products and services.
- Collaboration: We connect with others for maximum impact.
- Global View: We recognize our interdependence with people and organizations around the world.
Goals and Objectives
Lead — Set Standards for the Field
MCF fosters understanding about the field; inspires a commitment to public trust and effective practice; and promotes increased philanthropy.
- Build commitment among members and other Minnesota grantmakers to uphold the public trust.
- Foster and advocate for a positive public environment for philanthropy.
- Identify and promote the adoption of inclusive practices to enhance grantmaker impact and effectiveness.
- Elevate grantmakers’ effectiveness through public policy engagement strategies and strengthened government relations.
- Implement initiatives to expand philanthropy in Minnesota.
Serve — Deliver High-Quality Services
MCF, as an effective learning organization, provides valuable services, products and education for members and others in the field.
- Serve the increasingly diverse needs of members and other customers.
- Support collaboration among grantmakers and between grantmakers, government and nonprofits.
- Facilitate sharing and learning to build high-impact member connections.
- Strengthen our community of grantmakers by using up-to-date communications technology and strategies.
- Provide the best source of information representing Minnesota philanthropy.
Build — Ensure Organizational Capacity
MCF is a member-led association with the capacity to achieve its mission and operate its business effectively and efficiently.
- Uphold exceptional governance, management, inclusive practices and strategic leadership.
- Be the membership association of choice for grantmaking organizations in Minnesota.
- Align organization resources to meet performance objectives and customer needs.
- Evaluate progress on STRATEGY| 2010 initiatives and conduct a new strategic planning process.