Senior Planned Giving Officer
Greater Twin Cities United Way
Looking for a new challenge where you can engage others and positively impact United Way and the community? We are looking for a team member to strategically engage with an established book of business and a wealth of lead prospects to raise dollars for our Centennial Endowment Campaign. If you are driven by results and want to motivate and influence others by understanding how their needs and goals align with United Way and the community, this position might be for you! Success will be achieved by developing stronger relationships, soliciting and securing planned and endowment gifts
Description of Duties
- Provide staff leadership to the planning and successful implementation of a multi-year endowment
- Obtain planned and endowed commitments from Legacy Society, United Way’s Tocqueville Society, and Century Legacy commitments ( provisions that will result in $1 million or more)
- Provide volunteer management to the Centennial Endowment Committee, a committee of volunteers that provides oversight to Greater Twin Cities United Way’s Endowment Campaign
- In collaboration with major gift volunteers and staff identify individuals and corporations with interest in and capacity to make outright gifts to United Way’s endowment
- Track, report and achieve endowment campaign goals and objectives
- Integrate planned giving across departments within the organization
- Product Development; provide technical, and customized proposals to fulfill donor’s planned giving and endowment gift requirement.
- Assist in the education of professional advisors and organizations about the benefits and uses of United Way.
- 7+ years’ proven sales, fund raising experience/major gifts and/or planned giving experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven sales experience and building strong relationships
- Excellent communicator with strong public speaking, writing and listening skills
- Ability to persuade and inspire volunteers, professional advisors and potential donors
- Effective volunteer management and proven experience working in a cross-functional collaborative team environment
- Highly motivated by results, pro-active and possess high standards of confidentiality
- Database proficiency- proven experience utilizing systems to capture key donor information and utilize for decision making
- Ability to travel through-out the nine county metro area
Apply for this Position
Apply on-line at: http://www.unitedwaytwincities.org/careers