Program Manager – Governance
The Mosaic Company
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world’s leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world’s agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Program Manager – Governance?
We are currently seeking a Program Manager – Governance for our Plymouth, MN location. The Program Manager – Governance will work to develop and maintain the processes and protocols that ensure good governance as well as legal and financial compliance for Mosaic’s global community investments as well as meeting public expectations with regard to public transparency and reporting. This person will report to the Director Social Responsibility and work with a cross-functional team throughout Mosaic’s global enterprise to accomplish his or her work.
What will you do?
- Develop and manage the processes, systems and records to accurately track and analyze Mosaic’s community investments and train a global team of indirect reports in its daily use; including the adaptation of a grants management database, the accompanying vendor management, appropriate electronic record keeping and standardized reporting. Manage the grant application process and provide guidance and clarity for nonprofit organizations seeking funding.
- Manage the corpus of the Mosaic Foundation and ensure it is appropriately invested. Lead a team of internal stakeholders and external consultants to satisfy global tax reporting and audit requirements. Remain current with regulations and expectations surrounding corporate and foundation community investments and ensure the global giving team is in full compliance. Represent Mosaic in the community at industry and nonprofit seminars and roundtables and ensure Mosaic has a seat at the table at appropriate national and global convening’s.
- Manage the reporting requirements of Mosaic’s giving program and ensure Mosaic is listed accurately and as appropriate in industry publications and reporting protocols. Manage the social, financial and human rights inputs to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are met. Ensure Mosaic’s community partners implement the requirements of their grant agreements and that all sponsorships are activated appropriately. Manage the measurement cycle and ensure metrics are collected and reported as required. Prepare partnership reports for the Foundation board and present to the board on the overall governance and performance of community partnerships.
- Manage a cross functional team of external and external partners to ensure the integrity of the Foundation’s information systems and databases. Manage the research and benchmarking requirements of the Foundation including annual market research studies. Analyze the collected data and provide qualitative and quantitative reports to help develop Mosaic’s giving strategy.
- Miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
What do you need for this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred. Major in public policy, business, liberal arts or related field.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in grants management, development, program management, financial management, social responsibility, business analysis, the nonprofit sector and or related fields.
- Experience working with NGOs is desired.
- Familiarity with foundations, corporate giving and related giving trends is preferable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Access.
- Database management skills and experience with SAP is preferred.
- Internet research and data analysis skills.
- Strong verbal, writing, presentation, and listening skills
- Ability to communicate persuasively with employees, potential external allies and opponents and the public at all levels.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to plan and organize large projects.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to effectively lead people and execute processes.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain internal and external levels of personal and programmatic credibility and to act as a global ambassador for Mosaic’s giving program.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decisiveness.
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under high levels of stress.
- Some national and international travel is required.
- Ability to work indoors in a consistent temperature.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace.
Mosaic participates in the US E-Verify program.
Apply for this Position
Apply today at: http://www.mosaicco.com/careers