The following policies and guidelines apply to discussions on MCF's online forums.
1. Do not post to the online forum or transmit anything in an e-mail message via the online forum that you would not be comfortable writing in a letter or memo.
2. As a courtesy, credit and, if possible, link to the source when quoting anything written.
3. For ease of communication, please list your name, position and organization at the bottom of each response.
4. Do not post personal messages meant for one person in the group to the entire online forum. If you would like to converse one-on-one with an individual from the online forum, please look up her or his contact information via the Member Directory, or the list of members on the network's page.
1. Participation in MCF's online forum discussions is limited to MCF network and committee members, who must be approved for group membership by a representative of the Minnesota Council on Foundations. Online forum users may unsubscribe from the forum at any time by changing their e-mail preferences.
2. Information shared via the online forums should be considered confidential, unless otherwise stated. Forum members should not forward any part of online discussions to others without group approval. MCF staff on the online forum are held to the same confidentiality requirement.
3. No material on the online forum may be duplicated electronically or in print form, re-transmitted, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial ends. In consideration of his or her participation in the online forums, any user who duplicates electronically or in printed form, re-transmits, redistributes or otherwise uses material on any MCF online forum shall be solely responsible for any violations of copyright, proprietary or other personal right, including libel or slander, or any other personal injury.
4. Online forum members shall not discuss grant proposals from nonprofit organizations seeking funding.
5. Opinions expressed on the online forums are those of the writer, not the Minnesota Council on Foundations.
6. MCF will not edit any online forum message, although a user may edit his or her posts. MCF does however reserve the right to delete content deemed innapropriate or in violation of our policies.
7. The Minnesota Council on Foundations cautions participants in the online forums that private foundations are prohibited by law from promoting a specific candidate or ballot measure or engaging in commercial activities. MCF shall not be responsible for any prohibited activity engaged in by participants of this online forum. MCF reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
By using the online forums, the user hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Minnesota Council on Foundations harmless from any loss or damage, including attorneys' fees, arising out of any claim or proceeding instituted on the grounds that any of the foregoing rights have been violated.