2013 Board of Directors Nominations
Call for Nominations Information
Deadline: Friday, July 27, 2012
MCF is committed to building a board that is representative of the field. It also believes that an organization's governance is enhanced when people with diverse points of view and backgrounds, reflective of the diverse communities they serve, work together.
Before submitting your nomination(s), please review MCF's Guiding Principles and the Responsibilities and Duties of Board Members (PDFs).
For 2013 Nominations
- Up to two director positions will be open. Each is a first, three-year term.
- Terms are three years, with the term beginning in January 2013 at MCF's Annual Meeting.
- Nominees should be a trustee, staff, or chair or member of an official committee associated with an MCF member organization.
- Individuals may self nominate. Please consider nominating yourself, keeping in mind the leadership you might like to contribute to the field.
- We are seeking candidates from all membership categories "” family, independent, community/public and corporate. To ensure a representative, diverse mix of persons on the board, we will give highest priority to seeking nominees who represent these characteristics:
- CEO/Executive Director
- Chair or member of an official committee associated with a member organization
- Individuals located in Greater Minnesota
- Next-generation trustees/directors or staff members
- Persons of Color
- Individuals with varying philosophical points of view that represent the breadth of views in the field
- In addition to the characteristics mentioned above, we seek to continue to build the leadership of the Council and its board of directors by adding directors who may possess one or more of the following skills:
- Finance/accounting skills for leadership of audit or finance committees
- Service delivery using online technology
- Public policy/government relations
- Membership development
- Business and financial planning and strategy development
Please use this link to submit a nomination today. The final date for nominations is Friday, July 27, 2012.